Dana Treistman PhD Therapist Psychologist Washington DC
Licensed Psychologist Washington DC
I help people make changes that are personally meaningful. My approach to counseling is warm, relaxed and comfortable. I strive to provide a safe and trusting environment. I work collaboratively with my clients in a way that is supportive, non-judgmental and empowering.
People often feel guilty about the past and worry too much about the future. Being able to be more in the present moment can increase overall happiness and well-being. I help clients to be more fully present in the moments of their lives so that they don’t let life pass them by or constantly spend time wishing things were different.
I am reminded over and over about how much I truly enjoy working with clients. It is an honor and privilege to be invited into my clients’ inner lives and to help them in the process of healing and creating lasting change.
My Areas of Specialty and Expertise:
- Stress and Anxiety
- Sadness and Depression
- Relationships and Communication
- Parenting and Family
- Work and Career
The Types of Therapy I Provide:
- Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Maryland
- Pre-Doctoral Internship in Professional Psychology at Towson University Counseling Center
- Pre-Doctoral Externship in Professional Psychology at the University of Maryland Counseling Center
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Maryland
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology from Boston College
My Professional Experiences:
- Therapist in community private practice (2004-2006)
- Clinical supervisor to beginning and advanced doctoral students in psychology (2001-2004)
- Coordinator and instructor of graduate courses in counseling skills (2000-2003)