Gay Therapists – Gay Counselors – Gay Psychologist
We work to uncover your strengths. You have them, but have been told in different ways that you’re lacking. We help remove the roadblocks that stop you from seeing your potential.
Your strengths as a gay man, lesbian, bisexual, or transgendered person are waiting to emerge.
How can we help you discover them?
Seeking a Gay or LGBT-Affirming Therapist?
- Your unique experiences and strengths understood
- No need to translate your world for us. We understand
- Questioning, newly out, or out for 50 years you are welcome here
Specialists to help you…
- Increase acceptance of who you are
- Deal with complicated relationships with your family
- Navigate dating and relationships
- Make the most of your career
Questions You May Have About a Gay or LGBT-Friendly Therapist
1) What is a gay-affirming therapist?
Gay-affirming therapists and psychologists understand and believe that being gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered is a natural, normal part of who you are. Also, they typically have additional training that makes them aware of the unique challenges confronting gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender individuals.
2) What if I prefer to work with a gay therapist?
No problem! We respect your decision to work with one of our gay therapists or psychologists. Sometimes it just feels more comfortable knowing your therapist “gets” what it is like to be gay. That way you don’t feel as though you have to translate what it means.