Find Support and Experience Growth With Others Just Like You
- Understand yourself better through the eyes of others.
- Receive powerful feedback through the group therapy process
- Feel a connection and support from others seeking to make change just like you.
Group Therapy works by…
- Helping you to better understand your own behavior
- Providing you with supportive feedback of how others view you
- Giving you a powerful learning opportunity to examine your reactions to others
- Allowing you chance to accept yourself for who you and doing the same for others.
Questions You May Have About Group Therapy
1) I’m shy or anxious in social settings. Is group therapy really for me?
Ironically enough, group therapy is a great option for you. Although it might take you just a little while to warm up to process, being a valued participant of a group can significantly help you to understand and address your shyness or anxiety.
2) Everyone’s situation is so unique. How can group therapy be effective?
Group members’ commonalities and unique characteristics are key to why this type of therapy works. The many kinds of diversity represented in a group are what help you to develop an appreciation for your unique strengths, valuing the distinctive strengths of others, and learning about your reactions to people who differ from you.
3) I’m nervous about other people know about my struggles. How can I trust the group?
Our group therapy specialists will create a safe and conducive environment for you to actively express yourself. It may also help you to know that all group members sign paperwork that states that they will not talk about any participant or his/her struggles outside of the group.